The Nuclear Threat Initiative is a nonprofit global security organization focused on the reduction of nuclear and biological threats imperiling humanity. NTI offers a variety of online materials to help you better understand the current state and threat of nuclear weapons around the world.
Tutorials: Tutorials cover the basics on nuclear weapons and materials and go deeper into specific aspects of global nuclear security, from missiles and delivery systems to radiological security and more.
Education Center: Find tutorials covering basics on nuclear weapons and materials, as well as global nuclear security; an interactive on missile development in the Middle East; a 3D video game that explores underground bunkers; North Korea and Iran missile testing databases; and much more.
Overview: High-level overview of nuclear dangers with the opportunity to dig deeper into specific issues.
Atomic Pulse Blog: NTI’s blog provides easy-to-digest content ranging from Q&As of experts in the arms control and nonproliferation community to summer reading to summaries of NTI events on issues like the president’s sole authority to launch nuclear weapons.
Nuclear Tipping Point: The film, Nuclear Tipping Point, is a conversation with four senior statesmen, sharing the personal experiences that led them to support of working toward a world without nuclear weapons.
Country profiles: Get the facts on everything from North Korea’s chemical weapons program to Russia’s nuclear weapons in our country profiles, which include interactive maps and analysis.
Glossary: Find yourself lost in WMD acronyms? Try our glossary.
Treaties & Regimes: We have all the info on treaties, organizations, and regimes related to disarmament and arms control, covering everything from nuclear safety to space arms control.
Interactive 3D Models: From North Korea’s Hwasong-15 to Russia’s Bulava, our interactive 3D models allow users to explore ballistic and cruise missiles and their capabilities.
Nuclear Disarmament Resource Collection: The Nuclear Disarmament Resource Collection contains information and analysis of nuclear weapons disarmament proposals and progress worldwide.
- Nuclear Disarmament Resource CollectionMore than seven decades after their development and use during World War II, nuclear weapons continue to be the basis for several states’ national security policies.
- 3D Missile Model CollectionThe James Martin Center for Nonproliferation Studies has created a series of 3D models of ballistic and cruise missiles for the Nuclear Threat Initiative.
- Treaties and RegimesWithin Treaties and Regimes, you will find information on treaties, organizations, and regimes relating to disarmament, arms control, and nonproliferation of weapons of mass destruction.
- Glossary of Nuclear TermsThis glossary is produced independently for NTI by the James Martin Center for Nonproliferation Studies at the Monterey Institute of International Studies.
- Country ProfilesCountry profiles include an overview of each country’s nuclear, chemical, biological, and missile programs, in-depth information on participation in relevant nonproliferation treaties and regimes, compilations of countries’ official documents relating to nonproliferation, and links to related content.
- Documentary: Nuclear Tipping PointThe documentary Nuclear Tipping Point tackles nuclear dangers, featuring Shultz, Perry, Kissinger, and Nunn.
- Atomic PulseAtomic Pulse is edited by NTI Vice President of Communications Mimi Hall, as part of NTI’s mission to educate the public on the threats posed by weapons of mass destruction and disruption—and solutions to reduce risks.
- The Nuclear ThreatDespite progress, the nuclear threat is more complex and unpredictable than ever.
- NTI TutorialsTutorials cover the basics on nuclear weapons and materials and go deeper into specific aspects of global nuclear security, from missiles and delivery systems to radiological security and more.
- NTI Education CenterNTI’s Education Center offers extensive educational content related to nuclear policy, biological weapons, radiological security, and cyber threats for undergraduate and graduate courses in international relations, security studies, diplomacy, nuclear sciences, and more.