International Physicians for the Prevention of Nuclear War (IPPNW) is a non-partisan federation of national medical groups in 64 countries, representing tens of thousands of doctors, medical students, other health workers, and concerned citizens who share the common goal of creating a more peaceful and secure world freed from the threat of nuclear annihilation.
- Video: Can we prevent nuclear war?Ira asks you to take action to end nuclear in all forms forever.
- Nuclear Famine: climate effects of regional nuclear warA nuclear war using as few as 100 weapons anywhere in the world would disrupt the global climate and agricultural production so severely that the lives of more than two billion people would be in jeopardy from mass starvation.
- The Humanitarian Impact of Nuclear WeaponsHumanity might well not survive a nuclear war using even a fraction of the arsenals in existence today.
- Nuclear Weapons FactsA summary of all of the most relevant facts about nuclear weapons.
- Physicians and Nuclear WarPhysicians first confronted the medical consequences of the use of nuclear weapons while struggling to care for the victims of the US atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki in 1945.
- Nuclear Weapons AbolitionSince the very beginning of the nuclear age, with the US atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, physicians have recognized that the devastating consequences of nuclear war can only be prevented if these weapons of mass destruction are abolished.
- Banning Nuclear Weapons: The Humanitarian FactsAn evidence-based understanding of the humanitarian impact of nuclear weapons has become the driving force behind a renewed State and civil society demand for effective action to prohibit and eliminate nuclear weapons.