Back from the Brink: The Call to Prevent Nuclear War is a national grassroots campaign seeking to fundamentally change U.S. nuclear weapons policy. The campaign advocates for five common-sense policy solutions that would greatly reduce the real and immediate risks posed by nuclear weapons, including:
1) Renounce the option of using nuclear weapon first;
2) End the sole authority of any president to launch a nuclear attack;
3) Remove nuclear weapons from hair-trigger alert;
4) Cancel plans to replace the entire nuclear arsenal with enhanced weapons; and
5) Actively pursue a verifiable disarmament agreement among nuclear-armed states.
To date over 350 organizations have endorsed the campaign, including environmental, health, peace, faith, policy and social justice groups. Municipal resolutions supporting Back from the Brink have been adopted by over 50 municipalities across the country and six legislative state bodies. All resolutions are sent to congressional delegations by the municipalities that adopt them.
To learn more about Back from the Brink please visit www.preventnuclearwar.org. To endorse Back from the Brink as an individual, click here, and to endorse as an organization, click here. If you are interested in pursuing a Back from the Brink resolution in your city, have questions, or want to get more involved, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Back from the Brink Advocacy ToolsThese advocacy tools are designed to help make your organizing efforts as easy as possible. If you have any questions, run into any roadblocks, or have suggestions for how to improve these tools, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
- Endorse the Five US Policy SolutionsBuilding broad support for fundamental change in U.S. nuclear weapons policy is no small feat — we need everyone to make it happen. Endorse Back from the Brink today!
- Five US Policy SolutionsFive nuclear policy solutions which would make both the US and the world safer.