- 1100 Declassified US Nuclear Targets
How many nukes do you think are needed for deterrence?
- 3D Missile Model Collection
The James Martin Center for Nonproliferation Studies has created a series of 3D models of ballistic and cruise missiles for the Nuclear Threat Initiative.
- Accidental Nuclear War: A Timeline of Close Calls
The most devastating military threat arguably comes from a nuclear war started not intentionally but by accident or miscalculation.
- Black Speculative Arts Movement
The Black Speculative Arts Movement explores the future of security.
- Challenge: Nuclear Weapons
The threat of nuclear confrontation is growing. But even unused, nuclear weapons have a destructive impact. What will it take for world leaders to abandon nuclear arms? And how can you help?
- Creating a Nuclear Narrative
An action plan for communicators to reduce nuclear danger.
- Documentary: Nuclear Tipping Point
The documentary Nuclear Tipping Point tackles nuclear dangers, featuring Shultz, Perry, Kissinger, and Nunn.
- Doomsday Clock
The Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists’ Doomsday Clock is a design that warns the public about how close we are to destroying our world with dangerous technologies of our own making. It is a metaphor, a reminder of the perils we must address if we are to survive on the planet.
- Every survivor has a story
Every survivor has a story. The hibakusha, or those who survived the nuclear attacks in Hiroshima and Nagasaki, are the best known nuclear survivors, but they are not the only ones. Downwinders grew up near America’s nuclear testing and production…
- Experience the power of a nuclear blast in your area
An interactive app to see how many people would be affected by a nuclear explosion in your neighborhood.
- NTI Education Center
NTI’s Education Center offers extensive educational content related to nuclear policy, biological weapons, radiological security, and cyber threats for undergraduate and graduate courses in international relations, security studies, diplomacy, nuclear sciences, and more.
- NTI Tutorials
Tutorials cover the basics on nuclear weapons and materials and go deeper into specific aspects of global nuclear security, from missiles and delivery systems to radiological security and more.
- Nukes of Hazard
Nukes of Hazard is the name the Center for Arms Control and Non-Proliferation uses for producing blog posts, podcasts and videos that are smart, factual and shareable.
- Podcast: AI and Nuclear Weapons – Trust, Accidents, and New Risks with Paul Scharre and Mike Horowitz
The role of automation in the nuclear sphere, and how the proliferation of AI technologies could change nuclear posturing and the effectiveness of deterrence.
- Podcast: At the Brink
We created a weapon that could end humanity — but can we control it? A podcast about humanity’s most terrible weapon, and the stories of those who have shaped its history.
- Podcast: Is Nuclear Weapons Testing Back on the Horizon? With Jeffrey Lewis and Alex Bell
How much longer can nuclear weapons testing remain a taboo that almost no country will violate?
- Podcast: Nuclear Dilemmas, From North Korea to Iran
Learn more about the geopolitical issues surrounding North Korea’s and Iran’s nuclear situations, as well as how nuclear programs in these countries are monitored.
- Podcast: Nuclear Winter with Alan Robock and Brian Toon
Meteorologist Alan Robock from Rutgers University and physicist Brian Toon from the University of Colorado discuss what is potentially the most devastating consequence of nuclear war: nuclear winter.
- Podcast: Press the Button
An engaging podcast on nuclear policy and national security, Press the Button is co-hosted by defense experts Tom Collina and Michelle Dover of Ploughshares Fund, a global security foundation.
- Podcast: UN Nuclear Weapons Ban with Beatrice Fihn and Susi Snyder
This interview took place just a couple months before the United Nations voted in favor of the Treaty for the Prohibition of Nuclear Weapons. ICAN won the Nobel Peace Prize for their efforts later that year.
- Podcast: What Are the Odds of Nuclear War? A Conversation With Seth Baum and Robert de Neufville
What are the odds of a nuclear war happening this century? And how close have we been to nuclear war in the past?
- Security and Arms Control Webinars
The Summer Symposium hosts security experts from across the globe, speaking on technical issues related to global security.
- Shadows and Ashes: The Perils of Nuclear Weapons
This exhibit of art and science examines the role of nuclear weapons in our society and reflects on their results.
- Space-based Missile Defense
Space-based missile defense is an ineffectual defense at best, and a very dangerous provocation at worst.
- The US Nuclear Arsenal
Here’s every nuclear weapon in the US arsenal.
- Video: A price too high: Rethinking nuclear weapons in light of their human cost
The e-briefing you are about to enter shows the catastrophic humanitarian consequences of nuclear weapons.
- Video: Bill Perry’s Nuclear Nightmare
Former US Defense Secretary Bill Perry’s Nuclear Nightmare
- Video: Can we prevent nuclear war?
Ira asks you to take action to end nuclear in all forms forever.
- Video: How Easy Is It for the President to Launch Nuclear Weapons
- Video: How Likely is Nuclear War
- Video: How to Dismantle a Nuclear Bomb
A video showing how easy to rid the world of nuclear bombs, one warhead at a time.
- Video: I’ve studied nuclear war for 35 years – you should be worried
Brian Toon on nuclear winter.
- Video: Nuclear winter – still possible but preventable
Alan Robock on what nuclear winter is and what the impact of a small nuclear war would be.
- Video: Scientists Support a Nuclear Ban
A video of prominent scientists calling for a ban on nuclear weapons, presented at the UN during discussions regarding the creation of the TPNW.
- Video: Space-based Missile Defense: Not a Good Idea
- Video: The Craziest Nuclear Weapons Policy That You’ve Never Heard Of
- Video: The Pain and Politics of Hiroshima
- Video: What are the chances of a nuclear bomb being dropped again?
Will a nuclear bomb be used again?
- Video: What would you choose in a nuclear attack? To live or die?
- Video: Why You Should Care About Nukes
Henry Reich with MinutePhysics and FLI’s Max Tegmark got together to produce an awesome and entertaining video about just how scary nuclear weapons are.
- Videos: Nuclear Miscalculation
What is nuclear miscalculation and what makes it more likely to happen?
- Voices in Action
How might we support individuals to better contribute their actions and ideas to affect impactful outcomes in their organizations and the nuclear policy field?